Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Fitness Challenge Update: Call Me the Tiger Mom of Nothing

[This article was first published as Call Me the Tiger Mom of Nothing on Technorati.]

Jeepers creepers, I'm not sure how a 7 year old can have weight issues. And, I'm not quite sure how such a thing can get parlayed into a fat little book contract either.
I'm a nice person, and I'm still waiting for a fat little book contract with a major publisher for my book.
Maybe that's my problem.
I'm probably too nice. Maybe.
And perhaps a tad bit too funny. Probably.
And most definitely, I'm not really a "Tiger Mom" of anything,m so I'm probably going to be sitting on my fat behind for quite some time…waiting and waiting and waiting. Just call me Tiger Mom of Nothing.
Apparently you have to be over the top or over the edge or out there on the stratosphere to get noticed anymore.
By now most of you have heard the story of Dara-Lynn Weiss, the New York mom, who put her daughter on a diet and then wrote about it in Vogue magazine. 
Diet doctors were aghast. Others defended her. The end result showed a 16 pound weight loss for the 7 year old over the course of a year and a fat book contract gain for mom.
Now wait just a darn tootin' minute, Missy. I'm down another pound this week.  I've lost 18 pounds since I started my "Frying-In-My-Own-Fat" Weight Loss Challenge. What about me?
But I'm not 7 years old.
I don't have a Tiger Mom.
And I'm pretty sure Vogue doesn't give a rat's behind about me.
After all, I'm just me working on being a little less of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Valid Atom 1.0]