Tuesday, February 21, 2012

In Search of Team Skinny

[This article was first published as In Search of Team Skinny on Technorati.]
Usually I am not fond of the word "contagious," but according to a new study, losing weight can be contagious.
"This is the first study to show that in these team-based campaigns, who's on your team really matters," lead author Tricia Leahey, Ph.D., of The Miriam Hospital and Alpert Medical School said in news reports. "Being surrounded by others with similar health goals all working to achieve the same thing may have really helped people with their weight loss efforts."
Apparently, weight loss outcomes "were clearly determined by which team an individual was on." 
Clearly, I need to sign up with Team Skinny because this week I was on Team Failure.
Despite my high hopes from the previous weeks, this week found me eating left over Valentine's Day chocolate… and brownies… and extra servings of this and that.
I even went to the movies (a rare treat for me) and got some of that movie popcorn… yep, with the butter… and the salt… and, oh yeah, a hefty portion of guilt. And if my little Fitness Pal calorie counter is correct, I just discovered that small bag of movie popcorn contained 420 calories which is more than I eat for lunch.
So because I'm on Team Failure, I opted not to weigh myself for this update. I figured it would just depress me and send me further into my Emergency Chocolate drawer.
Instead, I've decided to start anew this week with a better resolve and attitude… and if you find Team Skinny, tell them I'm ready for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Valid Atom 1.0]