Saturday, January 9, 2010

BMI, Floating Fatso & Goals

Ok, so I bopped into the nurse's office for my little official  weigh in, BMI check, and quite frankly, was aghast.

Let‘s just put it this way. If I were on the Titanic when it sank, well, my dears, I would still be floating. Forget the Unsinkable Molly Brown. How about the Forever Floating Fatso? OK, so I have berated myself long enough.

Here’s my recap for the last week… Went to Yoga on Tuesday & Thursday. Did the 5:30 a.m. frosty kickboxing garage workout thing on Wednesday and Friday. Scooped some poop at the animal shelter this morning (figure that’s got to count for some calorie burning).

Managed to NOT eat any emergency chocolate even though Friday was a particularly challenging day at work.

Now, Joel wanted for me to list some goals. Sheesh! He’s such a band director, ordering this, organizing that, blah, blah, blah. But I’ll humor him. Drum roll pah-leese…

My Two Goals…

Goal No. 1…Lose 30 pounds by the end of May
Goal No. 2…Be able to do the Garuda-asana - The Eagle Pose by the end of May.

Now, before you start tsk, tsk tsking about that second one, let me assure you that since I  fall over every time I attempt that pose, I will probably achieve Goal No. 1 before that Eagle thing ever happens.

Of course, I was just a smidge timid about putting Goal No. 2 down because if my yoga instructor reads this, she will decide it's her mission in life for me to achieve this goal. I have a feeling I'm going to be spending a lot of time falling over.

2 comments:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself! Sometimes I wonder if teaching is one of the most physically self-destructive professions out there. I've gained at least 60 pounds since I started 4.5 years ago, and I haven't tried to fly The Eagle Pose since then. Do you have a solid, useful adjusted version of the pose so you can build yourself up to your goal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Right now, I'm just trying to remain standing upright.

    ReplyDelete

[Valid Atom 1.0]